Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Famished With Boredom

Alas, I've landed myself in another conundrum. Dollarama has terminated my existence at their store, and thus I have no job. My parents keep nagging and nagging me to get off my ass and go apply for a plethora of mundane jobs fit for emotionless robots. I, however, am sick of the retail game.. and well.. the mundane work game in general. I called another talent agency - they're situated in Burlington - and their ad said "looking for fresh new faces, from ages ranging from infant to 75 - $15-$90 an hour" - so I thought, "what the poodle, lets see if I can get in on this". So I called them up, got some weird lady with a really thick German (or Russian?) accent, and I introduced myself..and etc. So I'm supposed to go meet this freaky woman on Friday.. and hopefully I won't be as nervous as I was at the one in Brampton. Turns out "Eddi" was a large woman of most likely Italian descent "who talks like dis, y'now". Yeha, I went with my mom, which was most awkward - because she was like "do you think he is what your looking for?" - really awkward statements like that, so hopefully this time around I can go it alone.

I had a strange dream last night, that I was atop a tall skyscraper on what seemed like a school field trip, and I entered a helicopter which was teetering on the edge of the building, and to my unfortunate demise - the helicopter (with myself inside it) tipped over the edge, and I fell to my death. It wasn't really a pleasant dream, but it was weird - because the rest of the dream I was like a ghost - and I was talking to some of my friends as a ghost, and only some noticed me or heard me - and I was freaking everybody out. Kinda creepy..

In other news, it's a winter wonderland out there - the freezing rain has been blanketed by a fresh bout of snow, and I took advantage of this Narnia-esque playground by going for a walk in the woods. It's quite nice out there.

So, from what started as a week-off from work has turned into three weeks off. I've slept in everyday.. most days I awake around lunch time (which is now my breakfast time).. and yeha, I end up usually falling asleep at 2. My sleep schedule is all out of whack.

I've been reading about writing screenplays, and I think I might start writing a short one myself. A professional one, with all the proper formatting and whatnot. Yet I am unsure as to what genre, let alone "plotline" to write about.. I guess it'll come to me.

Well, just thought I'd ramble on about my currently insignificant life. Wish me the best of luck in finding a decent job.

Cheers,
Jamesø

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home