Sunday, December 25, 2005

400 presents wrapped in one box

Well well, christmas time sure does fly right by. It's currently 11:15 pm on the desktop clock right now, and for some reason I am listening to Fleetwood Mac.

So, I know you are all eager to know how my holiday has gone thus far, and as a treat to your tired eyes - I will indulge you.

The festivities began around 7 in the morn', where my dad and I woke everybody up and told them to take their showers fast, so that took around an hour-ish. Then, when everybody was all set, we de-stuffed the stockings (mine randomly had a dog bone in it.. don't know what my parents are suggesting there, but nonetheless.. it was thoughtful) - but it contained some tasty items in their too (like dollarama Jerky! helllllllsyes). Then, we began handing out gifts - my brother got his Seinfeld season 4 dvd's, my dad his boots, my mom her helmet, my sister a plethora of books she already owned, and me.. well I got something pretty darn sweet. Datalicious would be the proper adjective to describe it.. that's right, a 400 gig external Lacie firewire drive. FOUR HUNDRED GIGS! That's four-hundred thousand megs, four million bytes, and so forth. I've already backed up all my music and docs, and I still have about 330gigs left, which I will primarily use for storing hours and hours of footage - without having to constantly reserve space by deleting mysterious large clips from mysterious folders, then having my project entirely corrupted. So it's quite the gift indeed. I'm planning on testing it out for holding and editing footage contiguously tommorow, maybe make a little visual menagerie to my latest tunes "L'Espoir" and "Kolapse" - both of which I highly advise you check out (they're at the bottom of my music page).

New paragraph, ok, so then after waiting a couple hours to copy around 60gigs of stuff onto the drive, I frustratingly tried to play Amped 2.. doing the "Legend" challenges, aka the "Cause-carpal-tunnel-syndrome-and-euthanasia" challenge. That's right, euthanasia. So after that charade, we headed off to my aunts for party times with the Wells fam. Fun times it was - with lots of turkey, bouts of incessant laughter, and even a video of my sisters bike travels (which are quite mesmserising!). In fact, they are so mesmerising that I just might try and work together a plan to finance a trip to China with my sister and her friends, where we'd bike around on the Silk road. I truly truly need an adventure, and well.. Dollarama is not exactly my "There and Back Again" tell-tale to document.

So I have one day remaining in my meagerly short holiday, which is tommorow on Boxing Day. I'm thinking of buying myself a little something fun to play with, and maybe hit the slopes. But I tellsya, give me two more weeks at Dollarama, and I just may lose my mind. I mean the people there can't even spell their own name! Like.. "Debera", I suppose dyslexia and chain smoking are common accompaniments to a succesful resumé at this place. Yeesh. It's emulsifying my cranial matter each day.. yet luckily not my vocabulary (heeeheeeheee).

The York app is nearly complete, I just need to do an edit of an edited-edited-edit of a rough draft. Then comes the hard part, compressing my answers and writing them out on paper.. with my handwriting, I just might have to ask my sister kindly to provide her calligraphical skills.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Well folks, there's your update, I hope it famished your curiosity enough, and I also hope that you all had just as good a Christmas/Random Holiday as mine!

Peace and Love,
your mate,
Jamesey.

p.s. (I've been hard at work on my new album art, and I should be sending it off pretty soon to the Cafepress servers for the new cd, so stay put and prepared!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home