Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Ornaments, Skids, Boxes, and Country 95.3 fm makes James a dull boy.

Alas, yet another dull day at Dullarama. The majority of my day was spent stocking poorly manufactured Christmas ornaments and lifting boxes into obnoxious spaces. The truck with the skids finally came.. at like 3:00 o'clock, and the guy took forever to load 'em in the warehouse.. cause he was insanely obese, and had a bacon grease mullet. He screwed up trying to lift this one skid down with his pumptruck, and he was like to himself, muttering under his breath"fuckin shit Rodney! ye dumb shit!" - lol it was a total redneck moment, complimented by redneck music in the background. Oh dear lol.

So other than work, nothing too much has been going on for me. A lot, however, has been going on for my sister Katie, whom recently was named a RHODES scholar.. like holy shit. If you don't know what that is, well it's probably the most prestigious scholarship you can get, Billy Clinton was a Rhodes Scholar.. Trudeau applied for it, but never got it. If you don't know who those two people I mentioned are, well.. you are a dunce.

Listening to a little early Sneaker Pimps.. some smash beats glittered with shimmering vocals by some hot-sounding chick, whom I have forgotten the name of. Been quite busy working on this damn Supplementary questionnaire for York.. I know I have like a month and bit, but.. I need it to be PERFECT. I mean.. it really isn't easy. Jordana wasn't kidding. Plus.. Ryerson is supposed to like me send me there's sometime soon, and Simon Fraser's I think is done over the phone.. which I am still not quite ready for.. but I applied there. I'd actually love to live in BC, it's quite the happenin' place - and plus, I have relatives who live there, and actually lecture AT Simon Fraser, so I'm sure they'd be acommodative.

Been thinking about becoming an extra in like Films and tv shows and whatnot - I mean, I wouldn't have to actually act perse - just be myself in the background of a shot, and rack in loads of cash for a days worth of work. Then, once I learn the ropes with extra-ing, I suppose I could move on to some acting work. Sooooo this weekend I guess I'm going to try and figure that out.. somehow.

Yesterday I watched a very very very VERY sad movie. It was an excellent film, but really really SAD.. like I was teary-eyed after it. "Grave Of The Fireflies" - it's an anime film about these two survivors of the Kobe firebombings in Japan, and basically this teenage boy and his little sister are left to survive on their own.. and well they starve.. and it's just really sad, but really well done at the same time. I highly recommend, as does Ebert apparently.

Wehell.. that's all I have to rant about. Guess I'll work on this essay-thingy for "the best 5 minutes of film" - I'm thinking maybe the opening sequence of Contact.

So keep er real everybody,

James Out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home