Sunday, November 26, 2006

It Certainly Has Been Awhile

First and foremost, I sincerely apologize to all of you for the lack of updates on the strange and playfully disparate life that I strive to live. To regrab your undying attention, I have decided to start writing some more of these digital scraps, in an effort not only to document my life, but as a means of honing my journal writing skills, as well as providing a playful diversion for my friends.
But enough of this banter, on to the long awaited update!

As of thus, this new life here for me at York has been a strange yet enjoyable one. I'm pretty much accustomed to sleeping high up on the 8th floor in a double room, yet I still haven't really gotten myself into the "working hard" groove. The confounded hand of procrastination has once again gripped my neck, and has laid out a plethora of distractions (such as high speed internet, video games, chilling with friends, blogging etc.) to throw me off. I suppose I just really don't want to do some of the work, and I keep telling myself that I don't really have to - BUT I DO! what with my plentiful amounts of available time, I keep reminding myself that I can do the said assignment and/or exam tommorow! Yet, from now on, I have made the hard decision to devote at least two hours every night for homework, whether I want to or not.

This weekend had its quirks, but for the most part it has been pretty dull. Mainly there has been lots of intoxicants consumed, and many internet cartoons watched. Nothing dreadfully exciting. Last night, however, was pretty fun. My two georgetown friends Christopher Nagy and Curtis Lolic came over, and I showed them around my residence, did some boring things on my computer, and then we sauntered over to the LCBO to purchase alcohol. Curtis did not want to partake in the act of drinking until drunk, so he left a little early. Chris and I, however, suckled the potent juices out of a couple of Colt 45 forties, and then meandered over to the Mod Club via bus and subway, for more extended good times. We witnessed some half-decent emo band who's band symbol was a neon broken-heart, and then they brought out the dj's and started busting out the beats. Chris reconciled through the generous waves of synchronicity with his talked about crush Kelsey, and he was pleasantly surprised for that apparition. Alas, we decided it was getting late and that we should take 'er on the road, so we subwayed our drunken asses back to bed. All in all, a decent night nonetheless.

I've had the strange feeling that I'm stuck in some sort of limbo. I really just want to get out and do cool things for money, but I have 3 and a half years ahead of me. Curran and I had a discussion on how our lives are going to be awesome when we're thirty. But personally I don't want to wait that long for our lives to be meaningful and awesome in the least. I've always thought to myself that I'd dive right into a relationship once I got to York, but I just don't know right now. Maybe Curran's right - maybe the hard to get girls will be all over us when we're thirty and successful, not when we're 19 and weird.. but I digress.

Anyway, enough of my ramblings...

'till next time!

El J-Kasho

p.s. (I'm going to try and keep this up once a week, so that's the schedule you may expect).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home