The Interesting Life of a Production Assistant (Bitch)
So, yesternight was some fun tiring times. Got up at 7 am, fell asleep in shower - only to be awakened by the "screeeeeph" of my ass cheeks falling against the shower door. So I pop on some clothes, and I drive all the blimey way to Waterloo. I enter the Dalsa building, and help this dude Gerry, this dudette Sara, and this dudemeister Jurek set up for the shareholders presentation. I learned that the role of Production Assistant in the business of filmmaking is really: young bitch. That's right, but hey - gotta work your way up the ladder, right? Ok fast-forward: at around 5:30ish, the set is pretty much done, the camera's all set up on the massive jib, and peeps are starting to come in. I'm quasi-nervous, not really because of the older peeps coming in to watch, but because there's this gorgeous co-op girl who works at Dalsa who will also be watching. Of course, pretty much all the camera guys macked it with her today, while I shrouded away in a nervous fever. Otherwise, the show got going - I built hugegantic geometric structures which got some "ooh's" and "aaah's" and "hahaha he fell on is ass!". S'yeh - it was fun. Had five minutes of afterpartyage, had some wine which I actually enjoyed, and pizza! Then, I had to help clean up - legs'n'achin'. At around 9'oclock, my hands covered in brownish feces coloured sap from the logs I moved, I drove home. Well, I actually made a wrong turn and drove into kitchener at first - ("heeeeey.. this isn't G-town!?") - so I ended up coming home at around 11pm - so bloody tired too.
Today is the day before my big interview at York. I have to get some stuff ready for my portfolio, so I'll be running in town soon. Then later tonight I think I'm going to see some student screenings at York's new cinema in Accolade building East I believe (the new one). So that should be fun. I haven't really studied anything for the interview or anything, I'm just gonna be myself and do my best. Hopefully they'll be wowed that I recently worked on a professional film shot using a top of the line digital camera - I even have a t-shirt to prove it. So tommorow I will report back on how the interview went - hopefully it will go over well - and then after that, I might party it up.
Well, I'm hittin the town - oh yeah, I started up a new blog for my treeplanting adventures to come: jplant.blogspot.com - it's gonna be some fun reads for you guys I'm sure.
"If I had a million dollars, I'd buy your love!" - amen, barenaked ladies.
peaceage,
J-spash

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home