Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Fucking Money Man..

As university approaches in the fall, I am constantly under the stressful grip of their money-grubbing hands. It appears that Gap Years are more boring and pointless than I once concieved. I've been experiencing a gamut of emotions, from happiness, to sadness, to anger, and to straight out insanity. Right now I'm under a lot of stress, trying to prepare myself for a summer of gruelingly unforgivingly hard work treeplanting. I cannot find a round-trip flight to BC less than $600, and I'm most likely going to end up paying $500 for all my planting equipment. Already, that's over $1000 worth just to start off on the job. Then, there's the camp fees of aroud $27 a day for food, transportation, and whatever else they think it might cover. For 60 days of work that adds up to around $1700. Oh and who can forget paying for those fun nights off - that should rack up to a good thou before I know it. So I'm looking at around $6000 of expenses.. but, if I plant hard - I mean REALLY HARD, and just keep the mental goal of being able to attend university in the fall only by being able to pay for it, I should get back about double that. I want to come back from three months of work with at the very least $5000. I realise there is a period of learning for rookies, so it might take a while before I start bringing in $200 a day - but I'm going to my damnest to make the most out of my time there and plant my ass off. In a few months time, I will report back to you about my experiences in the bug saturated woodlands, but on a different blog - one specifically to report on my summer adventure/hellish torture. I'll provide a link once I start it up. I'm just super stressed right now, trying to figure out if it's worth all the expenses to get there, and whether I'll make enough to go to school.. god I hope so.

Other than that, I'm working on a little camera test thing for my Dad as a production assistant, which will gain me a good $200 and some hands on film experience with the TOP camera in the world. Something to wet York's pants with methinks. I'm also thinking about getting a job just so I can feel good about covering the cost of the flight there, without using my hard earned savings. But it's a bitch because nobody wants to train me when I'm going to be leaving in a month.. maybe I'll just lie and say I'm in it for the long run.

Anyway, I have to go and bring in some groceries - so I will report back later.

mind the grammatical and spelling errors in this blog - I'm in a hurry, so I didn't bother looking it over. You may grobble over it if you want.

James Out,

p.s. (why am I blaring Marilyn Manson right now? Meh it's interesting)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home