Thursday, September 15, 2005

Philosophical Guero



~The Triple R-Crew yo!~ (made this the other night with photoshop - tennis photo courtesy of Jordana's eccentric blog)

What up everybody? (just post your answer in the taggy). So it's thursday today..or tonight I should say, and I just returned to this here computer after wolfing down on some lukewarm tacos - ariiiight! delicious. I also just returned from a physical at the doctors - it's been like.. 8 years since my last one. Anyway, it was kinda awkward and all.. with the new "adolescent" procedures and whatnot, but apparently he says I'm good and healthy - so that's good. Still have this fucked up aching in my left thigh, but what the hey - it should go away soon.

Just listening to a little funky grooves from Beck - this guy blows my mind everytime he releases a new album - like Odelay was awesome (with "Where It's At", and "The New Pollution" and etc.), and all the other albums.. well I have yet to hear - but anyway, I picked up "Guero" from the library - and man, this stuff is so original, and weird - gah I love it. It's like a combo of hiphop, latin, indie, funk, soul, turntablism - quite a zesty mix indeed. Definitely check this one out. I also got the album "Amnesiac" from Radiohead (for Kid A was pure genius, and I had heard good things about the next album as well) - this stuff, like Beck, is also produced on crack, the crack of genius. Has a whole dark, melancholic yet futuristic vibe to it - blending and mashing together acoustic and retrotronic sounds, with Yorke's haunting vocals. Brilliant stuff - damn I love the library.

What else.. umm, still waiting for this darn correspondance course stuff to come in, but in the mean time I've been reading some books on philosophy - some very interesting stuff. I just learned that Pythagorus banned the eating of beans - why? he thought it was cannibalism, because a cut-open bean looks like the beginning of human life - crazy eh? Perhaps the real reason was that his bean-eating provoked an irritating flatulence which displeased the townsfolk. Lots of interesting stuff in here indeed...

annnnnd that's about all I have to mutter about in this blog-tangent of mine. I shall report with more interesting news and things later on this week. For now, I bid you all adieu.

cheers,
J-the wiser-ames.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home