Thursday, September 08, 2005

Got Dem September Bluuuuuuuues... Oh lordy!

"ssssooo farr... ssssooo farr.. sssooo far awaaaayyy" - the melodic ambient swells ricochet amongst these wooden walls and through the funnel-tunnels of my ears. Gotta love Air. Especially in these mundane times, where everything is in a sort of limbo so-to-speak. I awake each day, either cat in face, or dog yelp in ear. I check the time - 9 am. Always around 9. I get up, take a piss and a swig of listerine (for an unforgivable canker sore which has developed due to my abnormally large canines (I speculate my vampirism).). Then, I amble about - usually in the direction of the fridge, just to see if any magical treats materialized in my sleepy absence - unfortunately this small tasty fantasy stays a fantasy - perhaps a smidgeon of ham would do me fine. After my smidgeon, I shower - and then, yet again, as if of some memory disorder - I peruse the fridge again for any new materialized food. Yet again, minimal success in my discoveries. This has been my morning routine lately - and it is quite the change from the rush I would've expected if I was actually going to school.

That is correct - attendance at Georgetown District School for the High is non-obligatory. For I am considered "graduated", seen as I have earned all my credits and more - and they screwed up on my course selections - I am no longer needed. Instead, after much discussion and stipulation, I have decided on taking a correspondance course (http://www.ilc.org/) on philosophy - which would unimportantly earn me another high school credit (bringing the total to 32), and hopefully bring my average up to the 90% I had hoped for. So how does it work? well the beauty of a correspondance course is that it's completely independent - and up to me for when things should be done. They mail me the stuff, I do it when I please, mail it back - and earn a mark. Simple as pie. However, rumour has it that the courses are not as simple as pie - so I'll have to really struggle through it. But I feel determined enough - the "wanting so badly to be at University right now and froshing it up" itch has begun, and will continue most likely for the rest of the year - it's up to me to scratch it away.

I am also looking to juggle in a full time job as well to the mix - I have applied to places such as Canadian Tire and Dollarama - just need to wait for their calls and whatnot. It's gonna be an interesting year no doubt, hopefully I'll save up enough for year one, and maybe score some kind of a sweet scholarship - or acceptance to the film program at York - but I'm going to do my damndest to make it all happen.

* * * * * * * * * * *

So today I drove the longest drive that I have ever driven (woah there's a test phrase for non-English speaking immigrants). All the way to friggin Owen Sound, and near Tobemory - to pick up my dad at some random Indian reserve/campground from his 5 day trek. Apparently he hiked 80km, which is very impressive! I'm certain my legs would turn to Jello if I tried right now - I seem to be slowly losing my summer shape, perhaps due to too-much couchxercise - I need to get out more...

* * * * * * * * * * *

I'm slowly feeling as if I'm blogging to myself these days. It's been rough - this lack of social activity.. all I have left are my weekends.. (which could maybe be spent throwing kitchen knives with Curtis in his barn, or perhaps trying to chill with busier peeps).. it's just hard with everybody gone, having the fun time of their lives.. gah.. all I have left for social amusement is MSN and perhaps the telephone.

As much as I don't want to admit it, I kind of miss high school. Or I guess I miss greeting friends every morning.

well enough of this emo melancholy - it's all due to Air's morose musical accompaniment to this blog..

On a lighter note.. well.. don't know bout lighter.. but whatever, on A Note, I have dropped the price of my cd down to 12$ - so y'all can actually afford it! Please, go snatch your copy! right here: http://www.cafepress.com/jkash

oh and I also submitted a new tee to threadless - called "Kaleidoscopic Profanity" - I don't have the link, so you'll have to search for it under the "Browse Submissions" section.

As for new music, I've been banging away at a couple new tunes on the piano - Lucy seems to like em (our pup), I'm still working them out before I turn them into masterpieces ;).

* * * * * * * * * *

Well, that's all I can fork out of my tired brain right now, to amuse your equally tired froshed-out eyes.

yours truly,
froshless J.

p.s. (call me up when any of you guys are in town, and we shall hang)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home