The Great Adventure
That's right, I've had quite the lil' vacatiadventure, complete with many a surprise, be it sheer pain, pleasure, or "how you doin'".
It all started with 45 kilometre trek from my boony hillside, to the even boonier hillside in the hills of Glen Eden ski resort (près du Kelso Lake). Gotta tell ya, hardest, yet funnest, three days of my life.
My legs were pretty numb after it all, my shoulders were quaking with anger towards my constant strain that I heavily layed on them each day, and my senses were sharp - everything tasted a hell of a lot better (mm dehydrated mashed potatoes and beef stew), and everything smelled better.. or worse (apologies to my brother who slept in the same tent as I, after over-consumption of the ever fibrous trail-mix). Both times we made camp, we set up in some prohibited yet beautiful places (the first, off of an amazing trail in Limehouse - right next to the no camping/fire sign, the second - up in the Glen Eden ski hills - because Kelso Campgrounds were full up), both pulled off in adequate stealth! The last campsite, the one in the ski-hills, was the most drudging to reach. We had to carry our 40 pound packs up the hyper-steep ski-hill in the hot sun, already after hiking 20k amidst other steep hills. It was harsh, but amazing, sweltering, fun.
But that's only the start of the adventurecation - (adventure + vacation), after Pa and I arrived back at the house, we packed up for an even greater, more relaxing journey, in the forest glades of Penetanguishine - camping in Awenda.
The weather was simply great, aside from the frivolous late night rain storm which ruined our poker game and camp fire. Each day's itenerary consisted of: get up, eat hot delicious breakfast (mmm damn Mrs. Jemima you sure do make good panny-cakes), get hygienated (shower, teeth brusheth, etc.), then hike/bike over to beach - relax, swim, frisbee t'ill bout 5 pm, then hike/bike/drive back, cook and eat good supper, then either A) read book, B) kick around soccer ball, C) do bike tricks, D) chill at campfire, or D) play poker. It was loads of fun.
I even met a really nice (and really pretty) Penetang girl, named Emmanuel. Basically, I was at Beach 1, the really rocky one, and the water in Georgian Bay was incredibly wavy. So, while waiting for my dad to arrive (he hiked, I biked), I decided to rock out some sweet tubular waves, brah! Thus, I swam far out into the very, very rocky area (dumb idea, but the waves were the biggest there), and I body surfed, yelled smiling profanities at the turbulent giants smacking me into rocks, and spotted with my eye a good-looking brunette. She was swimming with her mom, and her mom, in a thick french canadian accent asked my name: "What's yuer name?" - I replied "James!" - "James, dis is my daughture Emmanuel, keep her safe and look after her while I'm gone, oké?" - I responded in smiling awe "uh, OKAY! :)" - then Emmanuel thought her mother was cheesy, and we talked, I bashed in my knee (fun), and then I told her that I'd come back - that I had to look for my dad. So I looked around, dad was not there, so I gave up and sat and continued reading "The Postman" by David Brin (the original book that was turned into a Kevin Costner flick, quite good). She then came up to me, looking amazing I must note, and asked if I had found my dad. I explaiined that he was probably off in the wilderness still, fumbling with a map - and we chuckled, and chattled. Then we played some horrid frisbee, the wind was not acting kindly in my direction, and I suggested that we check out beach 3. So we walked, chatted some more, talked about my dumb movie ideas/and movies - then we arrived and swam - t'was fun. This is the part where I punch myself when I didn't ask for her number or try and make any moves. However, we came back - cause she had to work at 4 - and I said good bye. So that was a nice highlight.
BACKLASH: later that night, I discovered "holy f*&k - I've been sunburned to hell!" my face, back, stomach, legs - all red and crispy. Then, to add to the peeling pain, I cut my forefinger trying to chop kindling in darkness. Oh yeah, and a wasp stung me right were I put my watch, sending me whimpering out of the tent. Heheh it was harsh. And can't forget them canker sores! Those were great fun with lemonade, ketchup, and anything slightly acidic!
FRONTLASH: the next day, I realized - hey, this red-skin stuff looks kinda cool - like I'm a super tanned native american on a mission or something! Hey! my ipod battery still has not run out! Coldplay marathon? why not!
...
So yeah, it was an amazing trip - I'm in way better shape with all the constant hiking and swimming every day, and I look like I've been bitch slapped 400 times in the face and on my upper torso! Huzzah!
Whence arriving home, I met my two new furry companions - an adorable yellow lab puppy named Lucy (absolutely adorable), and tiny little red and white kitten who is currently nameless, but I suggested either "Roger" or "Chester" - also extremely adorable.
So what now? Relax, think about maybe getting some work, and try and hit up some more parties!
peace everybody, good to be home!
p.s. (I will post some pics of my adventures, once I can get my hands on my dad's digital cam)

1 Comments:
That was an awesome blog, a lot better than a lot of your other ramblings (no offense). Too bad nothing spicy happened with the french chic in a bikini (was it blue?). Anyway, keep it real and I think you owe your brother $10 for gassing up the tent when u freaks went backpacking.
k
Post a Comment
<< Home