Thursday, January 20, 2005

CHAPTER 1: Arthon Prime

Hello all - instead of personal updates this week, I will be posting chapters from a ministory that I am writing. I do not have a title for it yet, and its rather rough - but enjoy it, I know you will.

CHAPTER 1: Arthon Prime

Ivonne slowly removed his protective coat, carefully folding it into a heap, and placed it on the autocleanse. The Greensphere spun slowly towards Arthon Prime, one of the many ice moons of planet Geodus, located in the centre of the Quadros galaxy. "Autocleanse complete, please retrieve clothing.". The silky voice of the computer A.I. bounced among the walls of the aerobosphere. "Yes, yes alright Andretta - can you decrease the humidity please, o point three percent - perspiration's gotten a little high" - Ivonne was performing his routine muscular exercises; "zero G plummet lifts" they were called, where he would manipulate himself with the aid of floating stationary iron orbs, launching him higher and higher throughout the spherical arena, to finally flip his legs around, catch the roof on the soles of his feet, and then return back down the same way he came up. Physical fitness was extremely important for missions like his. He was assigned a job, to assassinate a squad of suspected melters - a rebellious group consisting of off-world species that collaboratively melted quartz glaciers to mine the illegal mineral drug found within. "Maze" was the most common offworld name for the substance, a crystal with hypersteroid enhancing elements and an extremely addictive hallucinogenic aftertrip.

"Alright Ivonne, times up you french bastard - Kade and I are up, hey uhh.. you wanna look after the geocacti for me? I think its starting mutate, little buggers needs hydration." - the comm buzzed. It was Ivonne's shipmates Goshi and his brother Kade - the science officers aboard the Greensphere. Ivonne grasped for the handle, he contorted his body in an arch, tapped his toe on an orb and extended his finger to open the latch. "83 lifts my friends, a new personal best." Ivonne boasted, his hand brushing his blonde-white hair. "Hey Goshe, you think frenchy can handle the viscolifts?" Ivonne glided out of the aerobosphere and headed into the repostionment chamber. "Viscolifts? Not a fucking chance man." Kade replied while removing his geosuit.

The icy haze of Arthon Prime filled the viewer, an ubiquitous melange of semifrozen cloud bubbles and atmospheric refuse. "Zoom frame negative fifty Andretta, can you get the weather stats on A. Prime for me? I think something's up.i" Ivonne kindly asked the A.I. "Certainly captain, Arthon Prime is experiencing dust storms in both the troposphere and exosphere, precipitation is richter 9 - caution has been sent. I advise rescheduling the dropoff." the computer reverberated amongst the meteorology lab. "Thanks Andretta" - Ivonne switched to comm channel 34. "We will be delaying drop off by a week folks, major dusters goin on' in A. Prime. We will commence again in 13 days - Ivonne out.".

Captain Ivonne sighed, and proceeded to glide towards the geobotanics lab.
"Damn Goshi, always drying up the geocac's", Ivonne sprayed mineral enriched fluid over a sprawling geocactus - an intriguing plant from Maagos Prime, with long spiny blades that slithered noisily when it was hungry. He knew that it was only a matter of time when he would have to start devising his plans for the assassination. Training was seventy-four percent complete, he still had much to do. Ivonne began to feel rather tired, a heavy ache was present in his abdominal muscles - he needed rest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home