Sunday Laze
Yawn.... sigh... G'day ladies, gents, and martians alike. Today is Sunday and I am just exerting my creativity at the moment to quench my boredom and to excuse my procastination of Calculus. It's rather foggy outside and the sky is just sifting after the rainfall experienced earlier. Yesterday I was awoken by the frightening neutral stare of Mark, after being tapped on the shoulder. He came over early as planned, and we attempted to record some beats and find/fix the ping pong table. We did, eventually, find the table - yet it was covered with tools - and I moved one box off - and the whole thing collapsed (The table isn't broken - contrary to Mark's beliefs - it had just folded in under pressure). After slowly walking away from the collapsed table - we decided to lay down some inspirational words in GarageBand. Expect our cd soon! We also filmed a suspense/horror Blairwitchesque movie in the woods - which after careful editing done by myself, has turned out to be a top notch short. Very excellent visuals if I do say so. Basically, the premise is that a bunch of college students took a week off to go to this cottage, situated very close by to an indian burial ground - and well, most obviously, things tend to go astray. Anyway - it's très chic.
On the topic of films: last night I saw a very interesting/weird/amazing/trippy/brilliant film - "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind". Like most Charlie Kaufman flicks - they tend to pump the absurdism to maximum setting. This movie was very odd - yet mesmerisingly visual. Basically, it's about this character Joel, played by Jim Carrey, who is very quiet and unconfrontational - basically he meets the girl "Clementine", played by Kate Winslet, whom he falls in love with. Yet their relationship begins to fail and Clementine gets her memory of Joel erased. Then, so does Joel - and well, that's when things start to get really crazy. Amazing visual effects - some of the stuff I'm still attempting to figure out their methods of doing it - anyway, highly reccomend it to anybody who enjoys weird, funny, intelligent flicks.
Well, I should probably begin my calculus homework - so "diggity check yeself befoh you wreck yoself." - Ali G
my lord this room stinks,
Jha.
(P.S. The photo above is a picture of our abysinnian queen, Buffy. It is also a symbolic representation of my physical and mental status.)


1 Comments:
James, dude, you crack me up! While you're at home 'exerting your creativity', you lucky dawg, I'm at school in the library studying for my upcoming marathon of exams. Ugh. Keep on writing bro yous is mad funny and mad crazy. Ali G do say wot?
love,
your sis
Post a Comment
<< Home