Should I really be disappointed?
So my legs have withstood many a straining hour since I started my job at Dollarama, and it seems, finally, they are beginning to adapt to the persistent weight and activity.
Made a little disappointing (in certain respects) discovery today - it turns out that until around christmas time and I get more training in different areas (such as cash), I'm going to be working part time. This week I only have 15 hours.. which is both good and bad. Good: because it gives me more time to finish up Unit 1 of the philosophy course and also work together some films, and bad: because it's less money, and more work I'll have to make up for later. I'm not completely brought down by this revelation, I am need of a good break anyway.. getting a little tired of being constantly pushed. The whole reason I'm working so hard really, is to party my ass off at university, make some kickass movies, meet some kick ass people, and hopefully form an intimate bond with a cool and pretty girlfriend..s. heheh
Oh yes, did I mention I bought a camera? A worthy investment I believe. Yep, I bought a mini dv camcorder, a Sony - with a touchscreen, 16:9 aspect ratio BUILT IN, annnd a multitude of other useful and jawdropping features. The machine fits quite nicely in my palm as well. I also purchased a tripod, with the help of my dad - well he actually bought the tripod for me, but I bought a "fluid-head" for it - which makes panning and tilting a shot as smooth as good conversation. I already tested everything out (shot some improv sketches with curtis and my brother - lol we suck so bad), and the picture is quite nice - works well in low light as well.
ahem, I must be boring you with my technical blabber.. on to something a little more interesting...
Last night I watched the Bourne Identity for the first time, on my computer with the dvd player - man.. for Matt Da-mon, that shit blew me away!!!! Kick ass flick - the fight scenes, car chases, characters (oo yes Franka Potente (aka Lola from "Run Lola Run", and Clive Owen as a badass assassin), and the plot - all expertly pulled off with style and precision. The ending is also awesome - when "Extreme Ways" starts playing by Moby, and the credits roll in - YEAAAAAA! inspirational I tellsya.
After viewing the film, I went into the barn to test out some badass fighting moves myself, on a highly trained dummy... err haybail..
good times...
well, that is about all I have on this mental skid of boxes to cart out into the aisles of Blogland.
Everybody have a delicious week.
peace and gratification,
Jamerson Harrisville
p.s. (aren't those banners I made smashing or what?)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home