Thursday, October 13, 2005

Death Cab For Jamesy

Bonjour tout le monde - just got back from a mad play session with the pup (some hardcore tug of war with her squeeky dog shaped furry thing), and I'm listening to the new Death Cab album I bought - "Plans" - sheer contemplation-provoking genius.

Oo and good news - I'm finally getting my correspondance course, so I can maybe actually boost that average of mine up to 90% - annnnd I'm buying my camera this weekend - and I have some pretty nebulous ideas floating around for a sweet music video - (which shall be my ticket into York).

For instance - this is start of some of the ideas, I don't want to spoil everything - but, ahem, here's a little sneak peak:

"Differmension"

Begins in a foggy field (solarize filter) - time lapse forward and reverse in multicoloured swells (clouds dance back and forth) - let it slow to a still (maybe dissolve into inverted black and white?)

have shot stationary with help of tripod - take different shots of different people wearing strange garments jump in the air - but appear at different intervals of a beat - use overlap filter (has the appearance from falling from the sky then dissapearing) - have people do dives, rolls, all sorts of different leaps - all from different distances (have one really far off) - then have one character appear about mid centre in a wideshot - have the camera zoom up all the way to his face - at the point where his face fills the frame - the character opens his mouth - and the camera zooms into the dark void of his mouth (Leaving room for transition)


******

I have written much more than that - but I can't give away all my secrets now can I?

Ooh and I also recorded a very cool song:
Float On Frost

it's one of my best, so do check it out.


Anyway, that is all - take it ease everybody!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home