Page One
It's roughly 10 pm, and I just got back from a glass of water and a little late night workout. Curls, pushups, lifts, crunches - the whole works. I suppose I've developed an obsessive compulsive disorder where I feel the need to stay in shape.. I suppose it's a healthy way to pass time. Speaking of passing time - for the last 2 hours I watched an excellent film, "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest", starring Jack Nicholson, Christopher Lloyd, and that creepy guy from Alien Resurrection (and/or the character "Suder" from Star Trek Voyager - with some of you I'm sure can relate). Basically, it's about a man who fakes mental illness to get some time off from the work farm (ala prison), and spend some quality time with some loonies. Turns out, the real loony is the wicked nurse, who plays the role of the powermonger sadistic manipulative bitch - to put it bluntly. It's terrificly casted, with excellent acting, characters, humourous quips, and a great plot too - (well of course, it was based on the book - which I have yet to read.. and I shall.. eventually.)
Another good flick which I have recently had the pleasure of viewing, was the terrific documentary "The Buena Vista Social Club" (or "musicmentary" I should've said) - which is about the band "The Buena Vista Social Club", featuring forgotten cuban artists whom are now in their late ages, and they group together to record some of the best damn cuban music you've ever heard. It's really interesting, learning about their histories and they came in to band, also the soundtrack is great - lots of cool guitar and percussion. If you have the moment, download the songs "Chan Chan", "Dos Gardenias", and the grooving "Candela" - muchly recommended for any music lover.
* * * * * * * * * * *
Today I spent the majority of my day working on my next Zebulon album, which is currently untitled (still brainstorming a cool name), and I produced two new massive epicly epic tracks - one a dark journey to the Martian moon Phobos (complete with industrial rattles and snares with deep bassy tones), and the other a fast-paced ride on a melodic thermal (complete with complex breakbeats and mad piano skills). This time around I'm going to put in the effort to master each and every track (basically set the EQ settings just right, to get crisp bass and treble, and not too much static noise and peaks) - so it's keeping me nice and busy. Eventually, once I find the time to go and purchase a video camera, and then sit down and do a rough storyboard, I'll shoot and direct a music video (which I will treat as my portfolio eye candy, if and when I come to be interviewed for the film program at York/Ryerson). I have a few snazzy effects and shots which have been floating around in the yolk of my mind/dreams which I have been itching to film, so no worries on the muse-side of things.
So what else is new with myself? Well, I had a great thanksgiving - the day before yesterday I had turkey with the fam, and on Sunday morning I attended a delicious social brunch at Madam Culp's (it was great seeing everybody). Then, for supper this evening, I had a stuffing serving of roast beef- apologies, I seem to be boasting.. well, I hope everybody else's was decent as well.
I also had a great time at commencement (my only gripes were: crowded sweaty sweaty seating, runny nose, and they didn't seperately announce the Ontario Scholars and/or French Immersion students) - other than that I had blast talking to friends, and it was tearing at me inside that everybody including myself was ready to leave it all behind, and start towards the big picture - a life anewed. I shall miss the good ol' times, and look forward to better ones.
It seems tomorrow I'm supposed to come in for training at Subway (I guess I might as well, just to see what it's like - but I'm going to choose the one that pays the most.) It's going to be a strange year - stuck doing dumb-downed jobs to fill the bank - but I'm sure I'll adjust and hopefully find ways to keep myself happy. I'm in a bit of a rut with this correspondance course.. I'm starting to ponder whether it's even worth bothering - I mean I'd have to get 93% in order to raise my average to 90 and above and get that little-bit higher entrace scholarship to wherever I go - but if I don't get 93 or above - it would be a hell of a waste - I mean sure I'd have learned new things.. but still. I guess I'll send an email to send it anyway.
I just.. I just really want to spend the next four - heck the rest of my life - having a ball doing what drives me passionately - be it film, music, or acting.. that is my goal - but mostly I anticipate making new friends, going to wild parties, travelling, and hopefully meeting that special lady (or ladies ;) ).
Well, I suppose this is just the big beginning of the journey - and this blog will be a nice record of that to look back upon when my goals are fulfilled.
And that is all I want to say.
Have a swell one,
Jamesø
p.s. (although the majority of the commencement pictures that we took are blurry, I'll try and post the good ones in the near future.)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home