Friday, September 30, 2005

A Tribute To The Man Who Adored Math

Hello everybody. 'Tis Friday, 6:18 pm, and I'm just swell.

However I feel a little sad. I recently found out that my math teacher, Mr. Crossley, died of cancer last week.

Crossley, or the Crossmeister as some called him, was a great teacher, who had an overenthusiastic love for math. He'd show off his pride for numbers by wearing his trademark "I love math" pin each day, or explaining to us how he'd sleep with his textbook everynight. Heck, he loved math so much - that Chris and I would try and make him hate it and find another hobby by writing equations like (4xyz+45ˆpi = '+', find x if z='-' and y=CosTanLogSinXYZ) and asking him to solve them, hoping that out of frustration he'd go to video games for fun instead. He taught us calculus, and frequently explained to us the importance of having a math "diddy bag". He treated everybody with respect, and avidly complimented not only his students, but his equations as well - "isn't 3c such a cute problem :)?" He definitely loved his job.

We'll miss him. Rest in peace Mr. Crossley.

* * * * * *

In other news, I made a crazy Heavy Rock/Metal/Electronic song today - do check it out: "Doomsday"

Well, I'm off to listen to some Death Cab for a while, I could go for some mellowing.

Have a super weekend,
Jamesø.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home